Wednesday, August 17, 2011

MID WEEK TUNE-UP

I hope you spent the time to look at the Blog for our mens study.  I will try to put two blogs up a week, one on Sunday to recount what happened in our Men's study, and one mid-week to provide fodder for the upcoming meeting.  I've spent the entire day in my office at the church, and certain parts of my anatomy are screaming right now. It doesn't help that my legs don't reach the ground and if I slide back into the seat of the chair, they stick out like a little kid sitting in a car seat.  Such are the issues of being vertically challenged.  Then again, I always bless G-d that I've never slammed my head against the top of the doorway.  Everything has it's advantages and disadvantages.
I've been so busy this summer, I haven't had time to write a blog like I'd been doing.  It felt good today to put the finishing touches to this one.
I'd like to thank Bro. Charles for showing me what to do.  What a blessing you are!  
Speaking of Bro. Charles, he has a companion Blog that I believe will give an entirely different perspective to the Men's study.  It is very professional looking and less chatty than mine.  Between the two of us, I think even our wives will be able to figure out what we're up to.
For the young men preparing to go away to college, I hope you will take the time to become familiar with these blogs and begin reading them now.  When you come back on the occasional weekends, you will be in step with us and know exactly where we are.  It will also help you to continue to grow as we are growing.
Between Bro. Charles and I, we've included the books we're reading, the websites we recommend, and events happening around us.  I intend to have the weeks bible reading on Wednesday for our brothers in Nicaragua to be able to follow along with us.  If you follow this blog, you are linked with more than just the men in our local faith family.  There will be men in Nicaragua who can link with us.  WOW!
I'm also going to make a plea to all the men in our faith family to join in with us and come to the Men's study on Sunday mornings.  We need you, your input, and your spirit.
There is a lot happening around town this weekend that we need to pray about.  There is a biker rally happening on the soccer field along the creek this weekend.  Having attended the Aspencade rally in Ruidoso, New Mexico for many years, I know what can happen at these things.  I've already seen a lot of Christian Motorcyclist Association vests on some of the bikers who've arrived early.  It is my hope and prayer, that they will be able to bring a touch of civility to what can become a nasty situation.
Bro. Eugene Saul will be speaking Sunday morning about his trip to Kenya, and we will be having our monthly fellowship dinner.  The theme is Italian.
I'd like to remind all the men about Thursday evening prayer.  With all that is happening, this would be a great time to pray.
You'll need to read Chapter 6 of Every Man's Marriage before Sunday.  
BIBLE READING:  Thursday        8/18   Acts 26 and 27
                                 Friday           8/19   Acts 28 and Romans 1
                                 Saturday       8/20  Rom 2 and 3
                                 Sunday         8/21  Rom 4 and 5
                                 Monday        8/22   Rom 6 and 7
                                 Tuesday        8/23   Rom 8 and 9
                                 Wednesday   8/24  Rom 10 and 11
Be sure and read your one chapter of Proverbs every day.  It will make you wiser and better looking.  Okay, maybe just wise and wiser looking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

JAMES, GALATIA, AND FAITH

Most modern scholars seem to agree that the book of James was written to Messianic Jews living in what is known as Galatia.  Of course, we w...